All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSimulated annealing has proved to be an easy and reliable method for finding optimal values of a problem in cases where there is road map to possible solutions. Facts, Conjectures, and Improvements for Simulated Annealing offers an introduction to this topic for vices and provides an informative review of the area for the more expert reader. This book brings together for the first time many of the theoretical foundations for improvements to algorithms for global optimization that until w existed only in scattered research articles. The method described in this book operates by simulating the cooling of a (usually fictitious) physical system whose possible energies correspond to the values of the objective function being minimized. The analogy works because physical systems occupy only states with the lowest energy as the temperature is lowered to absolute zero.
- Author(s)Paolo Sibani,Peter Salamon,Richard Frost
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- Series TitleMonographs on Mathematical Modeling & Computation
- Series Part/Volume Numberno. 7
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight311 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.