Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $173.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $288.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do we see so little progress in diversifying faculty at America's colleges, universities, and professional schools? This book explores this important question and provides steps for hastening faculty diversity. Drawing on her extensive consultant practice and expertise as well as research and scholarship from several fields, Dr. Moody provides practical and feasible ways to improve faculty recruitment, retention, and mentorship, especially of under-represented women in science-related fields and n-immigrant mirities in all fields. The second edition of Faculty Diversity offers new insights, strategies, and caveats to the current state of faculty diversity. This revised edition includes: * New strategies to prevent unintended cognitive bias and errors that damage faculty recruitment and retention * Expanded discussion on the importance of different cultural contexts, political, and historical experiences inhabited and inherited by n-immigrant faculty and students * Increased testimonials and on-the-ground reflections from faculty, administrators, and leaders in higher education, with new attention to medical and other professional schools * Updated Appendix with Discussion Scenarios and Practice Exercises useful to search and evaluation committees, department chairs, deans, faculty senates, and diversity councils * Expanded chapter on mentoring that dispels myths about informal mentoring and underlines essential components for formal programs. Moody provides an essential, reliable, and eye-opening guide for colleges, medical, and other professional schools that are frustrated in their efforts to diversify their faculty.
- Author BiographyJoAnn Moody PhD, JD, is a national consultant in faculty development and diversity (see www.diversityoncampus.com). She is a former college professor and higher education administrator.
- Author(s)JoAnn Moody
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.