All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFado Fado: More Tales of Lesser Kwn Irish History is the sequel to Fado: Tales of Lesser Kwn Irish History (Matador, 2013). It reveals more episodes from Irish history throughout the ages. The Irish abroad are t neglected in this collection of tales, many of which are t widely kwn or have been long forgotten about. The author makes attempt to heroise or demonise the figures, though some of the characters do t deserve the obscurity to which the passage of time has condemned them, while others are probably best forgotten. Their stories illustrate the rich tapestry that forms Irish history...Who was the walking gallows of Wicklow? What was it about a cave in Donegal that attracted visitors from all over Europe? What happened to the priest who evoked the ire of the Irish government? How did an Irish civil servant defy the Nazis at a time when appeasement was popular? Whose corpse in Galway created wonder and fear? Why did a Monaghan man eat his fellow convicts? And how did a Dublin woman try to assassinate Mussolini? Laid out in chapters long eugh to cover what is important and still retain the reader's interest, this book can be started from anywhere. Just like its prequel, Fado Fado is a must-have book for anyone interested in Irish history.
- Author BiographyRonan Gearoid O Domhnaill (pronounced row-nawn gar-od o-doe-nil) was born in Dublin in 1977 and raised in Galway. He studied philosophy, history, Irish and German at Galway, Dresden and Vienna. Ronan has had a life-long interest in Irish history, instilled in him by his father and a deep interest in Irish folklore which has led to several articles published in Ireland's Own. He currently works as a secondary school teacher and tour guide in Dublin, where he lives with his partner and two children.
- Author(s)Ronan Gearoid O Domhnaill
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.