All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA quarter of a century after its initial publication and with well over a million copies in print worldwide, Brian Froud and Alan Lee's Faeries is an unquestioned classic. Now, Froud and Lee return to their most enduring and beloved work, in this Deluxe Anniversary Edition. This ultimate collector's item includes eight frameable, limited edition prints as well as a signed facsimile of a personal letter from Brian and Alan. The book also includes 8 original, new pieces of art by Froud and Lee as well as the remarkable pencil drawings and watercolours of mythical creatures from faeries and goblins, to leprechauns and dwarves that started it all. Accompanied by brief descriptions of each creature's origins and powers, the images are enchanting and full of magical detail. More than just a reissue, this deluxe revised and updated edition also contains essays from both Froud and Lee on the influence of Faeries and an introduction by a name author in the Faerie community. The remarkable package will be a delight to fans of the previous title and those who are just discovering this stunning book for the first time.
- Author BiographyBrian Froud is an international bestselling artist, author, film, designer, and faery authority. In addition to Faeries, his books include Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book, with Monty Python's Terry Jones, Good Faeries / Bad Faeries, The Faeries' Oracle, Brian Froud's Goblins! with Ari Berk and The Heart of Faerie with his wife, Wendy Froud. He has also served as the conceptual designer on two of Jim Henson's classic films, The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Alan Lee is an Academy Award-winning movie conceptual designer and illustrator. He is well known for his illustration work of Tolkien's Middle Earth books, as well as the centenary edition of Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Lee has worked as the conceptual designer on the films, Legend, Eric the Viking, King Kong, and The Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Jane Yolen has written more than two hundred books for children and adults, including the acclaimed, The Devil's Arithmetic. She is the recipient of many honours and awards, including the World Fantasy Award, the Christopher Medal, the Nebula and the Golden Kite Award.
- Author(s)Alan Lee,Brian Froud
- Date of Publication14/09/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note200 color and black-and-white illustrations
- Weight1370 g
- Width211 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
- Edition StatementDeluxe collector's ed
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $24.96Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.35
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.96
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.