All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $20.86Free postage
- AU $20.89Free postage
- AU $21.90Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionWhen her granddaughter was accepted to Naropa University, the celebrated author Pema Chodron promised that she d speak at the commencement ceremony. Fail, Fail Again, Fail Better contains the wisdom shared on that day. What do we do when life doesn t go the way we hoped? begins Pema We say, I m a failure. But what if failing wasn t just okay, but the most direct way to becoming a more complete, loving, and fulfilled human being? Through the insights of her own teachers and life journey, Pema Chodron offers us her heartfelt advice on how to face the unkwn in ourselves and in the world and how our missteps can open our eyes to see new possibilities and purpose. For Pema s millions of readers, prospective graduates, or anyone at a life crossroads, this gem of clarity and reassurance is sure to find a welcome place in many a kitchen, office, and backpack.
- Author BiographyPema ChodronAni Pema Chodron was born Deirdre Blomfield-Brown in 1936, in New York City. She attended Miss Porter's School in Connecticut and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley. She taught as an elementary school teacher for many years in both New Mexico and California. Pema has two children and three grandchildren.While in her mid-thirties, Ani Pema traveled to the French Alps and encountered Lama Chime Rinpoche, with whom she studied for several years. She became a novice nun in 1974 while studying with Lama Chime in London. His Holiness the Sixteenth Karmapa came to Scotland at that time, and Ani Pema received her ordination from him.Pema first met her root guru, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, in 1972. Lama Chime encouraged her to work with Rinpoche, and it was with him that she ultimately made her most profound connection, studying with him from 1974 until his death in 1987. At the request of the Sixteenth Karmapa, she received the full bikshuni ordination in the Chinese lineage of Buddhism in 1981 in Hong Kong.Ani Pema served as the director of Karma Dzong in Boulder, Colorado until moving in 1984 to rural Cape Breton, Nova Scotia to be the director of Gampo Abbey. Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche gave her explicit instructions on establishing this monastery for western monks and nuns.Ani Pema currently teaches in the United States and Canada and plans for an increased amount of time in solitary retreat under the guidance of Venerable Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche. She is also a student of Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, the oldest son and lineage holder of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche.Ani Pema is interested in helping establish Tibetan Buddhist monasticism in the West, as well as continuing her work with western Buddhists of all traditions, sharing ideas and teachings. Her non-profit, The Pema Chodron Foundation, was set up to assist in this purpose.She has written several books: The Wisdom of No Escape, Start Where You Are, When Things Fall Apart, The Places that Scare You, No Time To Lose, Practicing Peace in Times of War, How to Meditate, and Living Beautifully. All are available from Shambhala Publications and Sounds True.Seth GodinSeth Godin is the author of The Icarus Deception, Linchpin, Tribes, Purple Cow, The Dip, and many other industry-changing books on marketing, business, creativity, and meaningful work. He is one of the most widelyread blog writers in the world (over a million followers and counting).For more information, search for Seth or visit sethgodin.typepad.com .
- Author(s)Pema Chodron
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword bySeth Godin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.