All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFailing Grades expands the look at the causes of violence and failure in America's schools. By focusing on interpersonal relations among diverse groups of students, the book demonstrates how conflict and low academic achievement are the result of clashes over communication, fairness, class, and race. This second edition contains new case studies derived from the author's experiences with students, teachers, and administrators; has a discussion of graduation rates, the achievement gap, and inadequacies of contemporary education; and contains an appendix that outlines how teachers can implement dialogues and other multicultural activities in their classes.
- Author BiographyH. Roy Kaplan is a visiting associate professor in the Department of Africana Studies at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Formerly the executive director of the National Conference for Community and Justice of Tampa Bay, Dr. Kaplan has received local and national honors for his work in making schools culturally friendly for all students and staff.
- Author(s)H. Roy Kaplan
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication24/08/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.