All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCould there be anything more unique than an alien being's point of view? Magnum Photos photographer Eli Reed wonders about this. If such a benevolent being mingled among us, invisibly or at least unticed, observing the fine points of the human condition, what might it take tice of? In his introduction, Reed suggests that the photographs in Fair Witness could be an approximation of such a being's vision. The photographs are of sublime moments, some funny, some ironic, some goofy, some unsettling, most so fleeting as to be immediately lost to time if t photographed. These moments that elude the consciousness of most human beings might significantly inform an alien visitor. Of course, our alien is just an exercise in imagination and an unexpected way of framing the rare, refreshing vision found in the photographs of Fair Witness. Not coincidentally, this title was inspired by the 1961 science fiction vel Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein. The classic black and white photographs in Fair Witness were taken by the earthling David Lykes Keenan between 2004 and 2012.
- Author(s)David Lykes Keenan
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- First Published2015
- Weight950 g
- Width238 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.