All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time of heightened neoliberal globalisation and crisis, welfare state retrenchment and desecularisation of society, amid uniquely European controversies over immigration, integration and religious-based radicalism, this timely book explores the role played by faith-based organisations (FBOs), which are growing in importance in the provision of social services in the European context. Taking a multidisciplinary approach, the contributions to the volume present original research examples and a pan-European perspective to assess the role of FBOs in combating poverty and various expressions of exclusion and social distress in cities across Europe. This significant and highly topical volume should become a vital reference source for the burgeoning number of studies that are likely follow and will make essential reading for students and academics in social policy, sociology, geography, politics, urban studies and theology/ religious studies.
- Author BiographyJustin Beaumont is Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences, University of Groningen in The Netherlands. He has developed new enquires on social interventions within postsecular cities, as well as faith-based organizations and social justice in urban areas. His articles appear in International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Urban Studies, Environment and Planning A, Space and Polity, Area and TESG. Paul Cloke is Professor of Human Geography at the University of Exeter, UK. Over the last decade he has been involved in research that takes a new look geographies of ethics, focusing in particular on responses to homelessness, the new politics of ethical consumption and the growing significance of faith-based or theo-ethics in contemporary society. Paul is currently engaged in research on postsecularism and faith-based interventions in a range of social and caring arenas.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight676 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJustin Beaumont,Paul Cloke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.