All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFAITH HILL: THE STORY OF HER LIFE, FROM BIRTH TO HER FAILED 2012-2013 COMEBACK DID SHE CRASH AND BURN? OR HAS SHE ONLY JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT TO REGAIN HER CAREER? WILL HER MARRIAGE TO TIM McGRAW SURVIVE THE STRESS OF ANOTHER YEAR? From humble beginnings in Star, Mississippi, Faith Hill soared to the top of the country and pop charts, becoming one of the most successful female recording artists in history. Her albums have sold millions. Up until the end of 2000, everything she touched turned to platinum. Early in 2001 she anunced that she was taking time off from her recording career to spend more time with her children and her husband, Tim McGraw. It was a fateful decision that sent her career into a decade-long tailspin. Faith Hill: The Long Road Back tells the inspirational story of the Grammy-winning singer's rise to stardom and her subsequent fall from grace. Drawing on interviews with Faith Hill, her childhood friends and teachers, music professionals, and fans, James L. Dickerson chronicles her storybook life from birth through her initial success, up to her courageous 2012 comeback. This intimate portrait of Faith Hill examines her adventurous Huck Finn-like childhood, her first marriage and divorce, her hardscrabble years as a struggling artist in Nashville, her love affair with the man who became her husband (country superstar Tim McGraw), her thoughts on marriage and motherhood, her heartbreaking search for her birth mother and her subsequent death, and her triumph over her husband's alcoholic secret life. Complete with photographs and insider information on the music industry, here at last is the whole story behind the life and music of Faith Hill-country music's most tenacious pop superstar. This book is an expanded and updated (to 2014) reprint of the author's 2001 biography, Faith Hill: Piece of My Heart. James L. Dickerson is a bestselling writer, author of the award-winning Mojo Triangle: Birthplace of Country, Blues, Jazz and Rock 'n' Roll and Memphis Going Down. His biography Ashley Judd: Crying on the Inside was a #1 bestseller on ebook charts.
- Author BiographyJames L. Dickerson is a bestselling writer, author of the award-winning Mojo Triangle: Birthplace of Country, Blues, Jazz and Rock 'n' Roll and Memphis Going Down. His biography Ashley Judd: Crying on the Inside was a #1 bestseller on ebook charts.
- Author(s)James L Dickerson
- PublisherSartoris Literary Group
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSartoris Literary Group
- Out-of-print date24/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.