All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an attempt to put mystery back at the heart of Christian theology, Rauser leads the reader on a riveting and, at times, unsettling journey through the major doctrines encapsulated in the Apostles' Creed. In each case he illustrates how a theoretical understanding of the doctrine as yet eludes us. We simply do t kw, for example, what it means for God to be Trinity, or how Christ can be both human and divine, or how the atonement works. Rauser shows that the journey of thinking theologically which arises out of a love for, and worship of God within a communal atmosphere is as important as the end result of achieving doctrines that approximate reality. In this way the author seeks to steer us on a middle course between the twin errors of evangelicalism (heightening the doctrine) and liberalism (heightening the process).
- Author BiographyRandal Rauser (Ph.D., King's College, London) is Associate Professor of Historical Theology at Taylor Seminary, Edmonton. Dr. Rauser's passions include that of developing a biblically sound apologetic theology that meets the challenges of secular western culture. He is a popular speaker and gifted communicator who seeks to bring the truth of Scripture to bear on the real-life issues of today. Dr. Rauser is the co-author (with Daniel Hill) of Christian Philosophy A-Z (Edinburgh University Press, and author of Faith Lacking Understanding (Paternoster); Finding God in the Shack (Paternoster) and Theology in Search of Foundations (Oxford University Press). He is currently writing a book on the meaning of the concept of unconditional election in Calvinism. Next up will be a book on Christians and truth- Youre Not As Crazy As I Think: Dialogue in a World of Loud Voices and Hardened Opinions (Biblica, 2011), and a book on atheism and theodicy tentatively titled From Angels to Zeus: Apologetics in one long conversation - Editorial Review.
- Author(s)Randal Rauser
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Media
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.