All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUntil fairly recently the separation of pupils according to religion was felt to be compatible with a comprehensive education. That consensus longer holds and there is a strong positive lobby either to absorb faith schools altogether within the state system or at least to dilute their membership ensuring they include children from other faiths, or faith at all. This book addresses the current concerns, questions and interest surrounding the legitimacy, support and intended expansion of faith schools. Divided into five sections, it includes chapters on: * the legal frameworks for faith schools and the rights of the child * faith-based schools in the UK, Northern Ireland, France and the USA * the impact of faith schools on pupil performance * faith schools, religious education and citizenship * political and research issues. Faith Schools: Consensus or Conflict? is of interest to educators, policymakers, researchers and students of education, religion and sociology.
- Author BiographyRoy Gardner is Course Leader for Advanced Short Courses, Denis Lawton is Professor of Education and Jo Cairns is Lecturer in Education all at the Institute of Education, University of London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJo Cairns,Professor Denis Lawton,Roy Gardner
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.