All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is God killing my child? The Russian mother asked as she looked into my eyes. I didn t kw what to say. Ather mother asked, Why does God allow incent babies to suffer and die? My heart broke as I listened to these mothers sobbing. FAITH: The Abyss We All Face is a true story of one man s journey to the literal Ends of the Earth where time after time, he heard these and similar questions. Dr. Bill Becknell has wrestled with the tragic cries of brokenness, pain and suffering in himself and others. They are everywhere, and they challenge our faith. There are cliches or trite answers to these difficult questions. But despite extreme hardships, pain, brokenness, sacrifices, miracles and even near-death experiences along this road, he found an unexpected treasure JOY! No matter how difficult the circumstances, the pain, and the brokenness, God has an unfailing Love that is beyond comprehension. Brokenness and sorrow are a part of living, and one can change that. What we do about tragedy in our lives is an issue of faith. FAITH is written to encourage all believers t to be afraid to step out into the unkwn abyss of faith. Non-Believers may also find the stories apply to their lives, because faith is something everyone has. There is greater JOY than following Jesus, even if He leads you to the Ends of the Earth.
- Author BiographyDr. Bill Becknell was a successful Surgeon in Eastern Kentucky, living what he believed was the ideal Christian life with his wife and children when tragedy struck and destroyed everything he loved. The one thing that survived, and became stronger, was his faith. He watched the Soviet empire crumble and after two years of praying and fasting he decided to keep a promise he made to God at the age of fourteen while he was dying. He gave away all his worldly goods and arrived in Russia with his only remaining possessions---thirteen boxes and a promise that God would take care of him. He has written hundreds of newsletters, emails, blogs and comments from Russia and collected more than ten thousand amazing and beautiful photos from his travels to these remote and isolated places. He has traveled across Russia on every conceivable type of transportation imaginable from reindeer sleighs, horses, canoes, fishing boats, broken cars, vans, jeeps, trucks, trains, and buses, as well as on foot, sometimes without sleeping for days. And he has lived with the indigenous people on the Tundra and the Taiga in order to share God s Love with them. He has been interviewed on the NBC Today Show by Jane Pauley and by the Crossroads Canadian Christian TV network. He has had numerous radio, newspaper and journal interviews and has preached at many churches across the USA.
- Author(s)Bill Becknell
- PublisherMorgan James Faith
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleMorgan James Faith
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan James Faith
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.