Faith and Fiction: Interdisciplinary Studies on the Interplay Between Metaphor and Religion - A Selection of Papers from the 25th LAUD-Symposium of the Gerhard Mercator University of Duisberg on 'Metaphor and Religion' by Peter Lang GmbH (Paperback, 1998)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionFaith and Fiction is a collection of essays which partly stems from the 25th LAUD-Symposium on 'Metaphor and Religion' (University of Duisburg, April 1-5, 1997). It investigates the relationship between religious experience and the use of metaphors and thus explores the tensions between faith and fiction. Herein, special attention is paid to the type of situation in which the confrontation of a community or an individual with religion is t self-evident or even discordant. In order to address the diversity of the problem area, the volume opts for an interdisciplinary approach. Section I analyses 'religious metaphors' from the viewpoint of contemporary linguistics. In section II, the significance of metaphors in a 'meta-religious' discourse is considered. The philosophical dialogue with religion and metaphor is discussed in section III, and the final section submits religious poems to a formal and interpretative examination.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Benjamin Biebuyck is a Postdoctoral Fellow of the 'Fund for Scientific Research - Flanders' (Belgium) at the University of Gent. Rene Dirven is Professor emeritus of English Linguistics at the University of Duisburg. John Ries is an Associate Researcher at the Catholic University of Leuven.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/1998
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleDuisburg Papers on Research in Language and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 37
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byBenjamin Biebuyck,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.