All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFaith and learning, scholarship and piety, Christian tradition and intellectual inquiry, head and hearts: How do these things come together in an informative, enriching, and interdependent way?
The calling of Christian higher education is to reflect the life of Christ and to shine the light of truth. That distinctive mission cant be forced into an either/or framework but rather a both/and calling. It is a commitment to Jesus Christ himself, who is both fully God and fully human and who for Christian educators is both light and life.
This multi-authored volume, with dynamic contributions from entry-level faculty members to seasoned scholars, explores the question of the Christian faith's place on the university campus, whether in administrative matters, the broader academic world, or in student life.
Philosophy, Sociology, Science, Arts, Business, Media; Faith and Learning explores how significant Christian thinkers have addressed such topics and their related issues throughout the history of the church. The historical, theological, and biblical framework will help students interact with and engage contemporary challenges to the Christian faith in the various fields of study and inquiry.
Contributors include Harry L. Poe, Gene C. Fant, Jr., Ken Magnuson, Klaus Issler, Gregory A. Thornbury, Taylor Worley, John T. Netland, Scott Huelin, James A. Patterson, Hunter Baker, Roman R. Williams, Steve Halla, Christopher W. Mathews, Kevin Trowbridge, Mark Bolyard, Jeannette Russ, E. Blake Watkins, Mary Anne Poe, Emily Lean, Thomas Rosebrough, Ralph Leverett, Kimberly C. Thornbury, and C. Ben Mitchell.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Dockery is president of Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. He has also served as chairman of the board of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. Dockery has authored or edited thirty books including Renewing Minds, Shaping a Christian Worldview, and Christian Leadership Essentials. In addition, he serves as a consulting editor for Christianity Today magazine.
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Out-of-print date20/03/2014
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDavid S Dockery
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.