All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2014 National Book Award for Poetry A lumius, seductive new collection from the fearless ( The New York Times ) Pulitzer Prize winning poetLouise Gluck is one of the finest American poets at work today. Her Poems 1962 2012 was hailed as a major event in this country's literature in the pages of The New York Times. Every new collection is at once a deepening and a revelation. Faithful and Virtuous Night is exception. You enter the world of this spellbinding book through one of its many dreamlike portals, and each time you enter it's the same place but it has been arranged differently. You were a woman. You were a man. This is a story of adventure, an encounter with the unkwn, a knight's undaunted journey into the kingdom of death; this is a story of the world you've always kwn, that first primer where on page three a dog appeared, on page five a ball and every familiar facet has been made to shimmer like the contours of a dream, the dog float[ing] into the sky to join the ball. Faithful and Virtuous Night tells a single story but the parts are mutable, the great sweep of its narrative mysterious and fateful, heartbreaking and charged with wonder.
- Author BiographyLouise Gluck is the author of twelve books of poems and a collection of essays. Her many awards include the National Book Award, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Critics Circle Award, the Bollingen Prize for Poetry, and the Wallace Stevens Award from the Academy of American Poets. She teaches at Yale University and lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Louise Gluck
- PublisherFarrar, Straus and Giroux
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus and Giroux
- Weight91 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.