All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFallacies and Argument Appraisal presents an introduction to the nature, identification, and causes of fallacious reasoning, along with key questions for evaluation. Drawing from the latest work on fallacies as well as some of the standard ideas that have remained relevant since Aristotle, Christopher Tindale investigates central cases of major fallacies in order to understand what has gone wrong and how this has occurred. Dispensing with the approach that simply assigns labels and brief descriptions of fallacies, Tindale provides fuller treatments that recognize the dialectical and rhetorical contexts in which fallacies arise. This volume analyzes major fallacies through accessible, everyday examples. Critical questions are developed for each fallacy to help the student identify them and provide considered evaluations.
- Author BiographyChristopher Tindale is Professor of Philosophy at Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario. He is editor of the journal Informal Logic: Reasoning and Argumentation in Theory and Practice, author of Acts of Arguing: A Rhetorical Model of Argument, and co-author of Good Reasoning Matters, 3rd edition and Rhetorical Argumentation.
- Author(s)Christopher W. Tindale
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2007
- Series TitleCritical Reasoning & Argumentation
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byHans Hansen,Douglas Walton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.