All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if the bomb had actually been dropped? What if your family was the only one with a shelter? In the summer of 1962, the possibility of nuclear war is all anyone talks about. But Scott s dad is the only one in the neighborhood who actually prepares for the worst. As the neighbors scoff, he builds a bomb shelter to hold his family and stocks it with just eugh supplies to keep the four of them alive for two critical weeks. In the middle of the night in late October, when the unthinkable happens, those same neighbors force their way into the shelter before Scott s dad can shut the door. With t eugh room, t eugh food, and t eugh air, life inside the shelter is filthy, physically draining, and emotionally fraught. But even worse is the question of what will and won t remain when the door is opened again. Internationally best-selling author Todd Strasser has written his most impressive and personal vel to date, ruthlessly yet sensitively exploring the terrifying what-ifs of one of the most explosive moments in human history.
- Author BiographyTodd Strasser is the author of more than 140 novels for children and teens, most notably The Wave, which is taught in classrooms around the world. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Todd Strasser
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.