All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionReading Georgette Heyer is the next best thing to reading Jane Austen. -Publishers WeeklyCelebrate the 80th birthday of Regency Romance with great books from Sourcebooks Casablanca! A missing twinSomething is very wrong, and the Hourable Christopher Kit Fancot can sense it. Kit returns to London on leave from the diplomatic service to find that his twin brother Evelyn has disappeared and his extravagant mother's debts have mounted alarmingly. A quick-minded heiressThe Fancot family's fortunes are riding on Evelyn's marriage to the self-possessed Cressy Stavely, and her formidable grandmother's approval of the match. If Evelyn fails to meet the Dowager Lady Stavely in a few days as planned, the betrothal could be off. A fortune in the balanceWhen the incorrigible Lady Fancot persuades her son to impersonate his twin (just for one night, she promises) the masquerade sets off a tangled sequence of events that engage Kit's heart far more deeply than he'd ever anticipated with his brother's fiancee-who might kw much more about what's going on than she cares to reveal...Celebrate the 80th birthday of Regency Romance with great books from Sourcebooks Casablanca! A writer of great wit and style... I've read her books to ragged shreds. -Kate Fenton, Daily Telegraph Georgette Heyer (1902?1974) wrote over fifty vels, including Regency romances, mysteries, and historical fiction. She was kwn as the Queen of Regency romance, and was legendary for her research, historical accuracy, and her extraordinary plots and characterizations.
- Author BiographyThe late Georgette Heyer was a very private woman. Her historical novels have charmed and delighted millions of readers for decades, though she rarely reached out to the public to discuss her works or private life. It is known that she was born in Wimbledon in August 1902, and her first novel, The Black Moth, was published in 1921. Heyer published 56 books over the next 53 years, until her death from lung cancer in 1974. Heyer's large volume of works included Regency romances, mysteries and historical fiction. Known also as the Queen of Regency romance, Heyer was legendary for her research, historical accuracy and her extraordinary plots and characterizations. Her last book, My Lord John, was published posthumously in 1975. She was married to George Ronald Rougier, a mining engineer, and they had one son together, Richard.
- Author(s)Georgette Heyer
- PublisherSourcebooks Casablanca
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSourcebooks Casablanca
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.