All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn False Truths, Edward C. Mendler contends that many of the beliefs, tenets, conclusions, and understandings that are widely accepted as truths are, in fact, t valid at all. Such dubious and false concepts arise t only in philosophy and theology but also under the rubrics of cosmology, quantum physics, democracy, freedom, ecomics, and various aspects of human nature and evolution. We accept and absorb these false ideas because they were and are propounded by authorities, both ancient and modern. Mendler asserts that we should challenge them all - from Plato on to contemporary theorists in all of those fields - and question and analyze every element of their conclusions.
- Author BiographyEdward C. Mendler grew up in South Bend, Indiana. He served as a Navy radio technician in Guam during the Bikini A-bomb tests in 1946. He graduated from the Lawrenceville School, from the School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University (magna cum laude), and from Harvard Law School. Mendler practiced law in Boston for fifty years. He has studied and written about philosophy, science, law, and government as well as fiction.
- Author(s)Edward C. Mendler
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white halftones
- Weight272 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.