All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamilies in Transformation is a collection of essays by eminent scholars on the psychoanalysis of couples and families and provides a wide ranging and articulated picture of the current situation in Europe. The reader will find various psychoanalytical models applied in it: from object relations theory to group analysis to the theory of links, encountering the lively and rich French, Italian, and British schools at work in different settings. Themes range from myths to secrets, to incest and the brotherly dimension of families; from adoptive families to the conflicts over separation, in addition to papers discussing perverse and violent couples. The book shows how it is possible to put together an understanding of the individual's internal world with the interpersonal dynamics of families, their bonds and relations, expressed in somatic and active terms at the inter- and trans-generational level.
- Author BiographyPierre Benghozi, is a psychiatrist, child psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, psychoanalytical therapist for group, couple and family, training analyst and supervisor. He is President of the Research Institute for Psychoanalysis of the couple and the family, and Professor at Sao Paulo University, Brazil. He is also a Board Member of the European Federation Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (EFPP) and a member of the French SFTFP Society of psychoanalytical family psychotherapy, and the International Association of couple and family psychoanalysis (AIPCF). He is a former vice-president of the French Society of psychoanalytical group therapy (SFPPG), and a member of the Editorial Board of the French Review of Psychoanalytic Group Psychotherapy. Daniela Lucarelli is psychologist, psychoanalyst, full member of the Italian Psychoanalytic Society (SPI), and an expert in psychoanalysis with children and adolescents. She is a member of the EFPP Board and of the International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis (IACFP). She teaches in the ASNE-SIPSIA Specialization Programme in Psychotherapy with Children, Adolescents and Couples in Rome. She is editor of the 'International Review of Psychoanalysis of Couple and Family'. Anna Maria Nicolo, MD, is a member of the board of the Representatives of the International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA), and since 2005 has been chair of the forum for adolescence of the European Psychoanalytical Federation (FEP). She is a founder member of the Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy for Children, Adolescents and Couples (SIPsIA), scientific secretary of the Istituto Winnicott (ASNE-SIPSIA), and member of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (EFPP). She was President of the Italian Society of Psychoanalysis for Couples and Families (PCF), and co-founder of the AIPCF (International Association of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis). She was co-editor of the collection 'Contemporary Psychoanalysis', director of the journal 'Interazioni', and co-founder and former director of the International Review of Couple and Family Psychoanalysis (AIPCF).
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe EFPP Monograph Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight522 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAnna Maria Nicolo,Daniela Lucarelli,Pierre Benghozi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.