Family Ethnicity: Strength in Diversity by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $118.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamily ethnicity involves the unique family customs, proverbs, and stories that are passed on for generations. This volume provides extensive information about the various cultural elements that different family groups have drawn upon in order to exist in the United States today. The sections cover Native American Indians, Native Hawaiians, Mexican American and Spanish, African American, Muslim American, and Asian American families.
- Author BiographyHarriette Pipes McAdoo is a University Distinguished Professor at Michigan State University, Department of Family and Child Ecology. Previously, she was Professor at Howard University in the School of Social Work and Visiting Lecturer at Smith College, the University of Washington, and the University of Minnesota. She is a Director of the Groves Conference on Marriage and the Family; was a National Adviser to the President of the White House Conference on Families; was former President and Board Member of the National Council on Family Relations; and was a member of the Governing Council of the Society for Research in Child Development. She was the first person honored by the National Council on Family Relations with the Marie Peters Award for Outstanding Scholarship, Leadership, and Service in the Area of Ethnic Minority Families. Dr. McAdoo received her B.A. and M.A. from Michigan State University and her Ph.D. from the University of Michigan, and she has done post-doctoral studies at Harvard University. She has published on racial attitudes and self-esteem in young children, Black mobility patterns, coping strategies of single mothers, and professional Kenyan women and HIV/AIDS in Zimbabwe. She is editor of Black Children: Social, Educational, and Parental Environments, Second Edition (2002, SAGE) and Family Ethnicity: Strength in Diversity, Second Edition (1999, SAGE), as well as Young Families, Program Review, and Policy Recommendations. She is coauthor of Women and Children, Alonge and in Poverty. She has four children and four grandchildren.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/1999
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHarriette Pipes McAdoo
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.