All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionRoane County, West Virginia Fully indexed, 190 photos and illustrations, 30 Descendant trees. Covers the descendants of Rogers, Tawney, Graham, Summers, Sergent, McQuain, Levi Moore, and Thomas Hughes. Part of this book is an oral history of Mabel and Ernest Rogers. There are many more stories that I have been told and only a small portion are included here. This book also covers the genealogical record of their descendants and ancestors. Many years have passed since I first began to hear the fascinating stories told by my parents about memories of their ancestors and growing up. Both my parents came from large families and it was difficult for me when I was young to understand the chrology of the people and the stories that w have become so important to me. Taking tes and then translating those tes into something that was hopefully accurate was just as difficult. I began the process of putting into writing a very simple Family History in 1985. It took only a few typewritten sheets of paper then for what I knew about my ancestors. My main objective in that project was to put down in writing and graph the descendants of my parents, Mabel and Ernest Rogers, and record all full names, birth dates, marriage dates and similar information for all spouses. I began to use a commercially-available genealogy program and as the information flowed in and I increased my kwledge of my parents' ancestors, the number of individuals increased immensely. As the information grew, the urge to put it all into a book grew and I published the first edition of this book for my mother's 95th birthday in 2001. I eliminated some sections that were t so useful and added others. I reformatted the descendant trees and added a dedication to the military veterans in the family. Finally, the book was slightly reformatted with a new cover and in 8 x 10 for the paperback version.
- Author BiographyCharlotte (Rogers) Dilno was born in the home of her parents on Blown Timber near Newton, Roane County, West Virginia. The home was on the Rogers farm that was purchased in 1882 by her grandparents. She was the seventh of 9 children. After graduation from Spencer High School, she moved to California in the late fifties. In California she married and had the first two of three children with the third being born in Arizona. Now living in the Southwest (New Mexico and Arizona) she purchased half of the original 1882 Rogers farm including the Rogers family cemetery where her grandparents and great-grandparents are buried.
- Author(s)Charlotte A (Rogers) Dilno
- Date of Publication12/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.