Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionMichigander Elizabeth Junior Starreveld is fairly certain this is the worst year of her twenty-something life. Her girlfriend recently dumped her for her best friend, her longtime mentor is seriously ill, and her conservative Dutch-American family still struggles to accept her chosen lifestyle. When her father invites her on a business trip to the Netherlands, she suspects he plans to try to talk her into coming back to work at the family jewelry store-a return to the fold she has intention of making. Still, a free trip to Europe is surely worth a bit of drama, isn't it? But as she and her father explore Amsterdam and get to kw each other again over dark coffee and Belgian beer, Junior begins to question what she thought she knew about her family-and herself. Could this turn out to be a good year, though one of the hardest, after all?
- Author BiographyKate Christie was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and grew up playing in the waters of the Great Lakes. Of mixed Dutch and Scotch-Irish descent, she remembers the Tulip Time Festival in the nearby town of Holland fondly, and the oliebollen (Dutch pastries) her neighbors Hank and Gwen used to share at the holidays even more fondly. A graduate of Smith College, Christie lives near Seattle with her wife and daughter and their two dogs. Family Jewels is the second title from her indie imprint, Second Growth Books, and follows Gay Pride and Prejudice (March 2012). She has three other novels in print, all published by Bella Books: Solstice, Leaving LA, and Beautiful Game. For book trailers, first chapters, and more, visit www.katejchristie.com.
- Author(s)Kate Christie
- PublisherFamily Jewels
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFamily Jewels
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.