Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionEach individual experiences obligations arising from personal relationships. These are often hard to fulfil and give rise to tension between the demands of various relationships,between meeting current or future needs, but also between private rms and the demands of a public set of rules. The international contributors to this volume consider the relationship between family law and family values in the way law is framed, the way we are developing the legal context for new kinds of relationships such as cross-household parenting, same-sex partner relationships, and the obligations of adults to elders, and closes with a plea to rethink family law in terms of the functions we want it to perform. Contributors include Masha Antokolskaia, Beit Bastard, John Eekelaar, Lisa Glenn, Jacek Kurczewski, Jane Lewis, Carol Smart, Velina Todorova and Jean van Houtte.
- Author BiographyMavis Maclean is co-founder of the Oxford Centre for Family Law and Policy, Oxford University.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/06/2005
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleOnati International Series in Law and Society
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1900
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMavis Maclean
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.