All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionIn an age of migration and mobility many aspects of contemporary family life - from biological reproduction to marriage, from child-rearing to care of the elderly - take place against a backdrop of intensified movement across a range of spatial scales from the global to the local. This insightful book analyzes the opportunities and challenges this poses for families and for academic, empirical and policy understandings of 'the family' on a global level, including case studies from Europe, India, the Philippines, South Korea, the United States and Australia. With chapters on international reproductive tourism, transnational parenting, 'mail-order brides' and 'sunset migration', it examines the implications of migration and mobility for families at different stages of the life course. Moreover, it brings together leading international scholars to connect a fragmented field of research, and in so doing enables an interdisciplinary exchange, generating new insights for theory, policy and empirical analysis.
- Author BiographyMajella Kilkey is Reader in Social Policy at the University of Sheffield, UK. Her current research centers on migration and families. Ewa Palenga-Mollenbeck is Postdoctoral Researcher in the Gender Studies Department at the University of Frankfurt, Germany. Her research interests include migration, transnationalism, gender studies and care work.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleMigration, Diasporas and Citizenship
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight632 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byEwa Palenga-Mollenbeck,Majella Kilkey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.