All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionLocating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Brown County, Indiana, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1820s14 1830s460 1840s922 1850s961 1860s15 1870s9 1900s1 1910s4 What Cities and Towns are in Brown County, Indiana (and in this book)? Annandale Estates, Beanblossom, Bear Wallow, Becks Grove, Belmont, Buffalo, Camp Roberts, Christiansburg, Clarksdale, Cornelius, Elkinsville, Fruitdale, Gatesville, Gnaw Bone, Helmsburg, Lake on the Green, Lanam, Mount Liberty, Nashville, Needmore, Pikes Peak, Point Idalawn, Spearsville, Spurgeons Corner, Stone Head, Story, Sweetwater Lake, Taggart, Town Hill, Trevlac, Waycross, West Overlook, Young What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 2386 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 24 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc.
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication16/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.