All listings for this product
About this product
- Description382 pages with 86 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Fulton County, Illiis, gleaned from the indexes of the Illiis State Archives. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 5760 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 113 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the patent applications were made: DecadeParcel-count 1810s1589 1820s3 1830s2621 1840s632 1850s1354 1860s21 1870s6 1880s3 1890s1 What Cities and Towns are in Fulton County, Illiis (and in this book)? Astoria, Avon, Babylon, Banner, Beaty, Bernadotte (historical), Blyton, Breeds, Brereton, Bryant, Buckeye, Bybee, Canton, Checkrow, Civer (historical), Cuba, Depler Springs, Duncan Mills, Dunfermline, East Lawndale, Ellisville, Enion, Fairview, Farmington, Fiatt, Forty Acres, Fulton Center (historical), Gilchrist, Howard, Ipava, Keeler (historical), Leesburg, Lewistown, Little America, Liverpool, London Mills, Manley, Maples Mill, Marbletown, Marietta, Middlegrove, Midway (historical), Monterey, Norris, Otto (historical), Pleasant Ridge (historical), Poverty Ridge, Prospect Heights Addition, Rawalts, Saint David, Sepo, Seville, Smithfield, Summum, Table Grove, Troy (historical), Vermont, Village Square, Virgil (historical), Waterford (historical), Westview Acres
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.