All listings for this product
About this product
- Description180 pages with 53 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Red River Parish, Louisiana, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 1858 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 30 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1830s138 1840s316 1850s218 1860s819 1870s36 1880s52 1890s77 1900s102 1910s18 1920s27 1930s12 1940s7 1950s26 1960s8 What Cities and Towns are in Red River Parish, Louisiana (and in this book)? Abington, Armistead, Bayou Pierre, Carroll, Coushatta, Crichton, Cross Roads, Crosskeys, East Point, Edgefield, Emmett, Gahagan, Grand Bayou, Halfway, Hall Summit, Hammell (historical), Hanna, Harmon, Hollingsworth, Howard, Lake End, Liberty, Linsberry (historical), Loggy Bayou, Maddens Spur (historical), Maglia, Martin, Methvin, Mount Zion, New Hope, Oxbow, Piermont, Redoak, Westdale, Williams, Womack
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Series TitleFamily Maps
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.