Family Maps of Sanilac County, Michigan by Gregory a Boyd J D (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description334 pages with 98 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Sanilac County, Michigan, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 3454 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 49 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1830s364 1840s184 1850s1549 1860s828 1870s348 1880s144 1890s26 1900s3 1910s6 1920s2 What Cities and Towns are in Sanilac County, Michigan (and in this book)? Amadore, Applegate, Argyle, Austin Center, Birch Beach, Blue Water Beach, Brown City, Carsonville, Cash, Charleston, Croswell, Cumber, Decker, Deckerville, Elmer, Forester, Forestville, Freidberger, Great Lakes Beach, Hemans, Huronia Heights, Juhl, Laing, Lexington, Lexington Heights, Marlette, McGregor, Melvin, Minden City, New Greenleaf, Palms, Peatville, Peck, Pine Hill (historical), Port Sanilac, Richmondville, Roseburg, Sandusky, Shabbona, Sver, Speaker, Tyre, Valley Center, Watertown, Wickware
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.