All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn this passionate philosophical memoir, Kimerer LaMothe unfolds an earth-friendly vision of what love can be. Moving to a farm after years spent teaching and writing at Harvard University, LaMothe faces new challenges in her relationships with her parents, her partner, and their children. In her struggle to respond she comes to a radical conclusion: we humans are thing more or less than an impulse to connect, born to love, but t born kwing how. In vivid accounts of family life, LaMothe reveals how moving our bodily selves in the natural world can foster the sensory awareness we need to cultivate life-affirming connections with those who enable us to be.
- Author BiographyKimerer LaMothe, PhD, a philosopher, dancer, and scholar of religion, lives on a farm in rural New York with her life-partner and their five children. Visit www.vitalartsmedia.com.
- Author(s)Kimerer L. LaMothe
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.