All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionNicholas Keating is a violinist of some rewn. When he was on loan to an American philharmonic, he met the woman of his dreams. But how did he get to be the man Rachel Trent fell in love with? In this prequel to Symphony of Sorrow and Joy, we follow Nicholas Keating from an inquisitive boy of three who can mimic his sisters' pia lessons without being able to read a te through a childhood filled with music, sibling rivalry and challenging friendships. The boy who slips into speaking Welsh whenever he's stressed, enters an adolescence filled with first parties and first kisses while enduring insults and bullying because he doesn't play a cool musical instrument. When Nicholas is accepted at the Conservatoire in Cardiff, he thinks his life is complete. But he isn't prepared for the mentally unstable girl who strings him along only to break things off to get him out of the way so she can kill herself or a more personal tragedy that finally brings him closer to his sister, Jean. The story contains all of the ups and downs of a boy growing up in late 20th century Wales and coming of age on the eve of the new Millennium.
- Author BiographyBridget McGowan has been an Anglophile and lover of things Celtic since childhood. Her writing career began in seventh grade when her English teacher assigned two pages of a journal to be written by each student weekly. While others groaned at the assignment, Bridget used it to find her literary voice. The encouragement of her English teacher started her on a lifelong journey into writing. Her first visit to the UK lived up to her dreams, and subsequent visits made this story possible. Bridget lives in New Jersey, but her heart is in Wales. Friend her on Facebook.
- Author(s)Bridget McGowan
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.