All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsidered the most thorough, well-written book in the field, Samuel T. Gladding's, Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice, give readers clear coverage of all aspects of working with couples and families from proven, evidence-based theories. In a user-friendly organization and writing style, it covers important background information on healthy and functional families and different types of families, and includes an overview of how individual and family life cycles intertwine. The basic processes involved in treating couples and families are made clear, before delving into a dozen theoretical ways of treating families.
- Author BiographySamuel T. Gladding, Ph.D., is Chair of and a Professor in the Department of Counseling at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He is a fellow in the American Counseling Association (ACA) and its former president (2004-2005). Additionally, Dr. Gladding has served as president of two ACA divisions (ACES and ASGW), president of Chi Sigma Iota (the international counseling honorary society), president of the American Association of State Counseling Boards, and chair of the ACA Foundation. A Fulbright Specialist, Dr. Gladding has taught counseling and worked with universities and counselors in Turkey, China, Estonia, Austria, Malaysia, Sweden, the Philippines, South Africa, Australia, Mexico, and Canada. He has authored numerous professional publications, including 40 books, four videos, and over six dozen (72) scholarly articles. Some of his most recent Pearson books include Counseling: A Comprehensive Profession (7th edition, 2013), Clinical Mental Health Counseling in Community and Agency Settings (4th edition with Deborah Newsome, 2014), Group Work: A Counseling Specialty (6th edition, 2011), The Counseling Dictionary (3rd edition, 2011), and this 6th edition of Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice. Dr. Gladding has been married to his wife, Claire, for 28 years. They are the parents of three grown children. Dr. Gladding received his degrees from Wake Forest, Yale, and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He continues to work as a licensed professional counselor and serves on the North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors. He has been honored by the American Counseling Association with the Gilbert and Kathleen Wrenn Award for a Humanitarian and Caring Person, the Arthur A. Hitchcock Distinguished Professional Service Award, and the David K. Brooks Distinguished Mentor Award.
- Author(s)Samuel T. Gladding
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date25/09/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight880 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.