All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamily-based treatment (FBT) for eating disorders is an outpatient therapy in which parents are utilized as the primary resource in treatment. The therapist supports the parents to do the work nurses would have done if the patient were hospitalized to an inpatient-refeeding unit, and are eventually tasked with encouraging the patient to resume rmal adolescent development. In recent years many new adaptations of the FBT intervention have been developed for addressing the needs of special populations. This informative new volume chronicles these vel applications of FBT in a series of chapters authored by the leading clinicians and investigators who are pioneering each adaptation.
- Author BiographyKatharine L. Loeb, PhD is Associate Professor of Psychology in the PhD Program in Clinical Psychology at Fairleigh Dickinson University. She was the Founding Director of the Eating and Weight Disorders Program at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, where she maintains an Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry appointment. Daniel Le Grange, PhD is the Benioff UCSF Professor in Children's Health in the Department of Psychiatry and Department of Pediatrics, and Joint Director of the Eating Disorders Program at the University of California, San Francisco. James Lock, MD, PhD is Professor of Child Psychiatry and Pediatrics in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine where he also serves as Director of the Eating Disorder Program for Children and Adolescents at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and Clinics.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight793 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDaniel Le Grange,James Lock,Katharine L. Loeb
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.