All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on many years' experience in practice, teaching and research, Mark Rivett and Eddy Street present philosophical, sociological and empirical views of family therapy. Balancing the perceived benefits against the potential limitations, they pose questions, which challenge those within the profession to think hard about their role. } does family therapy work? } can those most in need really be helped? } is family therapy a means of social control? } who does professionalization help? While most texts offer a straightforward and uncritical perspective, in contrast Family Therapy in Focus aims to stimulate debate among practitioners and to help trainees adopt a more reflective and critical attitude towards their own professional development and the development of their profession.
- Author BiographyEddy Street has a background in clinical and counselling psychology and his professional activity has principally been in child-focused services. He is employed as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in the NHS in the Cardiff area. His counselling and therapy practice involves working with individuals, couples, families and staff groups.
- Author(s)Eddy Street,Mark Rivett
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2002
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCounselling & Psychotherapy in Focus Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight305 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.