All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- Description'This book provides compelling statistical information and an exploration of professional issues making connections between victimisation, cultural oppression and the propensity of violence within particular communities' - SCOLAG Legal Journal This book helps students understand the complexities of defining, measuring, and preventing relationship abuse from a perspective that accurately reflects contemporary cultural diversity within the USA.
- Author BiographyKathleen Malley-Morrison, Ed.D., is a Professor of Psychology at Boston University. She has conducted considerable research on family violence since 1980 when she was a postdoctoral fellow on the family violence team at Children's Hospital in Boston. She regularly teaches undergraduate and graduate courses focusing on family violence. She is the lead author Treating Child Abuse: Family Violence in Hospitals, along with Eli Newberger, Richard Bourne, and Jane Snyder. She has also co-authored Studying Families (SAGE, 1991) with with Anne Copeland, and Family Violence in a Cultural Perspective (SAGE, 2004), with Denise Hines. Her current focus is primarily on cross-cultural and international perspectives on family violence and abuse as well as on war and peace. Denise A. Hines, Ph.D., is a Research Associate Professor in the Psychology Department at Clark University, where she is also the Director of the Family Impact Seminar Series and the Co-Director of the Clark Anti-Violence Education Program. She completed her doctoral degree in Psychology at Boston University, and then spent two years as an NIMH postdoctoral research fellow at the University of New Hampshire's Family Research Laboratory with Drs. Murray Straus and David Finkelhor. She is the author or co-author of over 30 articles or book chapters, and two books on issues of family violence, both published by Sage. She has also been the principal investigator on five major grants, focusing on issues of the etiology of partner violence; prevention of dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking on college campuses; and the mental and physical health of male victims of partner violence and their children.
- Author(s)Denise A. Hines,Kathleen M. Malley-Morrison
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/11/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight576 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.