All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFamily and Work in Everyday Ethgraphy exposes the intimate relationship between ethgraphers as both family members and researchers. The contributors to this exciting volume question and problematize the \u201cartificial divide\u201d between work and family that continues to permeate writing on ethgraphic field work as social scientists try to juggle research and family tensions while \u201con the job.\u201d Essays relate experiences that mirror work-family dilemmas that all employed parents face, and show how deeply personal experiences affect social scientists' home life and their studies. Bringing together voices of various family members-pregnant women, mothers, fathers, and children-Family and Work in Everyday Ethgraphy demonstrates how the mixture of work and family in this particular occupation has raised questions-both practical and theoretical-that relate to race, class, and gender. Contributors include: Chris Bobel, Erynn Masi de Casava, Randol Contreras, C. Aiden Downey, Tanya Golash-Boza, Steven Gold, Sherri Grasmuck, Barbara Katz Rothman, Jennifer Reich, Leah Schmalzbauer, Gregory Smithsimon, and the editors.
- Author BiographyTamara Mose Brown is Assistant Professor of Sociology and Program Director of Caribbean Studies at Brooklyn College, City University of New York. She is author of Raising Brooklyn: Nannies, Childcare, and Caribbeans Creating Community. Joanna Dreby is Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University at Albany, State University of New York. She is author of Divided by Borders: Mexican Migrants and their Children.
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight277 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5346 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJoanna Dreby,Tamara Mose Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.