All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt any given time we only have a 90-day supply of food in the United States. What happens when the food runs out? This is the basis for Famine, a scientific thriller. America's corn crop is threatened by a dramatically destructive disease, turning healthy corn plants into withering stalks with ears like festering black popped corn. The nation faces food shortages and rationing as corn is the key ingredient in most of our foods. Farmers, agricultural scientists, and political leaders from Iowa, Tennessee, Washington and Chicago join forces to combat the disease, citizen's fears and corporate opportunism with dramatic actions. Famine is a convincing and riveting look at how such a quiet disaster could develop and how it could cripple our society.
- Author BiographyEighmey is an award-winning author and food historian.
- Author(s)Rae Katherine Eighmey
- Date of Publication17/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.