All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the interdisciplinary work of USAID's Famine Early Warning System (FEWS NET) and its influence on methodological and development policies in the US. This book describes FEWS NET's systems, methods and presents several illustrative case studies that will demonstrate the integration of both physical and social science disciplines in its work. The aim of this book is to bring the work of USAID's Famine Early warning System Network into the public domain.
- Author BiographyMolly E. Brown received a master's of arts degree in 1998 and a doctor of philosophy in the summer of 2002 from the Department of Geography, University of Maryland at College Park. She has worked with the GIMMS group at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center since 1997, primarily on developing and using a stable, 25-year, 8km vegetation record from the NOAA-AVHRR series of instruments. Using these satellite data to investigate questions of climate, land use, and human-environmental interaction has been the main focus of her work.
- Author(s)Molly E. Brown
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.