Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 20 Mar
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis year's winner of the Yale Series of Younger Poets competition is Loren Goodman's Famous Americans. Hilarious, eclectic, and bizarre, this collection takes the reader on a rollercoaster of a ride through the absurdities of American pop culture. Employing a variety of forms (from epistolary to script to interview and beyond), this work proves to be as much about exploring frameworks as it is about examining the lives of famous and t-so-famous Americans. Goodman questions our concept of what it means to be an icon: he disrupts our assumptions, creating an alternate universe in which thing remains sacred.
- Author BiographyLoren Goodman was born and raised in Wichita, Kansas. He graduated from Columbia University with an AB in philosophy in 1991, and went on to study at the University of Arizona (MFA, poetry) and SUNY Buffalo (MA, English literature). He is currently pursuing PhD degrees at SUNY Buffalo (English literature) and Kobe University (sociology). He lives in Japan and is active in martial arts.
- Author(s)Loren Goodman
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleYale Series of Younger Poets
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight148 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Foreword byW. S. Merwin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.