All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brilliant young poet, leading a gallant band whose epic adventure ends in defeat, betrayal and execution. Montrose was a doomed King's general who dared to win - and lost it all. The Scottish Royalist armed forces, along with its principal leader, the Marquis of Montrose, have had a romantic veneer that has long obscured their true composition and function. In this work, the author examines the troops and their operational doctrines within the themes of the early modern Military Revolution, and places the Scots Royalists within a greater European context of development. The book is enlivened by specially-commissioned colour uniform plates based on the latest research, showing how Montrose's troops really appeared on the battlefield.
- Author BiographyCharles Singleton has researched the War of the Three Kingdoms for over twenty five years. He lives in the West Midlands and works within the Museum and Heritage industry. He is the editor of the 2012 edition of the Oxford Guide to Military History, and is the author of Uncharitable Mischief, barbarity and excess in the British Civil Wars published by the Pike and Shot Society. His third book, on the battle of Naseby, will be also published by Helion.
- Author(s)Charles Singleton
- PublisherHelion & Company
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSolihull
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHelion & Company
- Content Note20 b/w illustrations & 8 pages of colour plates; 9
- Weight259 g
- Width185 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.