All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionGranddaughter of the philosopher Moses Mendelssohn and sister of the composer Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Fanny Hensel (1805-1847) was an extraordinary musician who left well over four hundred compositions, most of which fell into oblivion until their rediscovery late in the twentieth century. In Fanny Hensel: The Other Mendelssohn, R. Larry Todd offers a compelling, authoritative account of Hensel's life and music, and her struggle to emerge as a publicly recognized composer.
- Author BiographyRecognized in the New Yorker as Mendelssohn's most authoritative biographer, R. Larry Todd is Arts and Sciences Professor at Duke University. A Guggenheim Fellow and Fellow of the National Humanities Center, he is the author of Mendelssohn: A Life in Music, named Best Biography in 2003 by the Association of American Publishers. He has recently returned to his pianist roots and released his first CD, of Mendelssohn's complete cello works, with internationally acclaimed cellist Nancy Green for JRI Recordings.
- Author(s)R. Larry Todd
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note16 halftones, 67 music examples
- Weight656 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.