All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Fanny Thimble Cutler's Journal of a Residence in America: Whilst Performing a Profitable Theatrical Engagement; Beating the Nonsensical Fanny Kemble Journal All Hollow My concience! who'd have thought it; there, it is written, I am Fanny Thimble, and one else; this is my big toe and as I live, it has grown a crop of corns since I got on board ship. Here is New York, the little Lunnun, by my faith; and it is other place. Monstrous change! but I must get out of my berth or I will loose my breakfast. As I live there is that gouty old fellow B - peeping through the half shut blinds of my state room door; I wish Pa would catch him there, the good for thing, worn out, gouty old wretch. Ah, he has taken the hint and vanished. Eat breakfast for the last time on board our good ship Warrior; swallowed six muffins, seven eggs and eight cups of coffee to keep the damp out of my stomach, for it is a real Liverpool day. Cold gray clouds, tipped with rose pink and a slight touch of indigo, hovered over us as we got on board of the steamer which landed us in an hour on the wharf at New York and for the first time 1 soiled my pretty English shoes with Yankee dirt. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Unknown Author
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.