Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how the fantasy tradition culminating in Pullman's His Dark Materials inherits the Romantic quest to transpose spiritual and moral values, once the prerogrative of organized religion, into new myths. Wary both of escapist fantasy and 'grand narratives', it explores how stories can generate a new vision.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM GRAY is Professor of Literary History and Hermeneutics, and Director of the Sussex Centre for Folklore, Fairy Tales and Fantasy at the University of Chichester, UK.
- Author(s)William Gray
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/11/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight504 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.