All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionSidney Borowitz presents a concise, coherent narrative of the major sources of energy currently in use throughout the world, and explains in a cogent, jargon-free manner how these other sources of energy - nuclear, solar photovoltaics, biomass, wind, geothermal, fusion, hydrogen, and other more exotic sources - can be developed. Borowitz places these nfossil fuel sources in an ecomic and scientific context so that the case for conservation and growth is thoroughly grounded in reality. Because energy touches on practically every aspect of our daily lives, this book presents a clear-eyed, even-handed explication of optimal solutions to our future energy needs.
- Author BiographySidney Borowitz has had a long and distinguished career as a scientist, teacher, adminstrator, and businessman. A professor of physics, emeritus, at New York University, he has served as Chancellor of that institution. In addition, he has also been Executive Director of the New York Academy of Sciences and the CEO of a biotechnology company.
- Author(s)Sidney Borowitz
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.