All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransformed by the mysterious pre-Columbian artifacts and monuments that suffused the Mexican landscape, distressed by the failure of political ideology, and inspired by discoveries of scientists of the day, the artists of the Dyn circle played a critical but under-recognised role in the transition from surrealism to abstract expressionism. The journal Dyn - their mouthpiece, travelling exhibition, family album and compendium of source material - offers a window onto their world. The essays in this volume show how the pages of Dyn reveal both the theory behind this new aesthetic and the process the painters and photographers engaged in as they integrated disparate imagery from disparate sources.
- Author BiographyAnnette Leddy is a senior cataloguer and consulting curator at the Getty Research Institute. Donna Cornwell is associate curator at Montalvo Arts Center in Saratoga, California.
- Author(s)Annette Leddy,Dawn Ades,Donna Conwell
- PublisherTate Publishing
- Date of Publication07/03/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTate Publishing
- Content Note16 colour and 29 black and white illustrations
- Width200 mm
- Height275 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.