Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
About this product
- DescriptionThere was an old green Fordson tractor in the back of Grandpa's barn, always covered in cornsacks. When I was very little, I used to go in there, pull off the cornsacks, climb up and drive it all over the farm An old farmer tells his grandson about life on a Devon farm between the wars. It is a powerful story of family life and changing times and a competition between that old green tractor and a powerful plough horse named Joey that will never be forgotten. This is a special new edition of Michael Morpurgo and Michael Foreman's classic story. Also available are: War Game , War Boy , After the War Was Over , and Billy the Kid . Sequel to the hugely successful 'War Horse'.
- Author BiographyMichael Morpurgo has written over ninety books and has an unparalleled reputation in the world of children's books. His books have been adapted for the cinema, TV and theatre and he has won numerous awards including The Children's Book Award, the Whitbread Children's Book Award and the Smarties Prize. In May 2003 he was appointed the third Children's Laureate. The position acknowledges the importance of exceptional children's authors in creating the readers of tomorrow. Michael Foreman is one of the world's best-loved children's book illustrators. He has written and illustrated a vast range of books and has collaborated with many leading children's authors, including Michael Morpurgo and Terry Jones. His own books include the classics War Boy and War Game, winners of the Kate Greenaway Award and Smarties Book Prize respectively, and After the War was Over, the sequal to War Boy. He has illustrated many classic stories including The Wind in the Willows, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Classic Fairy Tales, all published by Pavilion Children's Books.
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication19/03/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Children's Books
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight352 g
- Width189 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Foreman
- Interest Age10+ years
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.