All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first guidebook of its kind for the Peach State, Farm Fresh Georgia leads food lovers, families, locals, and tourists on a lively tour of almost 400 farms and farm-related attractions, all open to the public and visited by travel writer Jodi Helmer. Here are irresistible opportunities to find farmers' markets, dine at a farm-to-table restaurant kwn for its chicken and waffles, buzz by an apiary, stay at an Arabian horse ranch and bed and breakfast, and visit an urban farm in Atlanta where kids build entrepreneurial skills.
Organized by six state regions (Atlanta Metro, Upper Coastal Plain, Lower Coastal Plain, Piedmont, Appalachian, and Blue Ridge) and nine categories of attractions, the listings connect readers with Georgia's farms and reflect agritourism trends burgeoning in the South and the nation. Highlighting establishments that are independent and active in public education and sustainability, the book taps local food initiatives and celebrates the work of local farmers. Thirteen recipes gathered directly from farmers and chefs offer the farm-fresh tastes of Georgia.
- Author(s)Jodi Helmer
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight445 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.