Farms with a Future: Creating and Growing a Sustainable Farm Business by Rebecca Thistlethwaite (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes a farm sustainable and successful? And what special qualities and skills are needed for someone to become a successful farmer? Rebecca Thistlethwaite addresses these and other crucial questions in this uniquely important book, which is a must-read for anyone who aspires to get into farming, or who wants to make their farm business more dynamic, profitable, and, above all, sustainable. Over an entire year, the author and her husband-experienced farmers themselves-took a sabbatical and traveled the length and breadth of the United States to live and work alongside some of the nation's most invative farmers. Along the way they learned about best practices, and a whole lot about what doesn't work. Farms with a Future shares this collective wisdom in an inspirational yet practical manner; it will help beginners avoid many of the common mistakes that first-time farmers make. Just as importantly, it discusses positive ideas that can help make any farm enterprise vibrant and financially profitable. Profiles of more than a dozen representative farms help round out the invaluable information and encourage farmers to embrace their inner entrepreneur. Younger growers, in particular, will benefit by learning about the right stuff from both their peers and longtime experts.This book provides a useful reference for beginning and experienced farmers alike. While many other books address agricultural production, there are very few that talk about business management for long-term sustainability. Farms with a Future offers an approachable, colorful take on building a triple-bottom-line farming business.
- Author BiographyRebecca Thistlethwaite runs a small farm and food business consulting firm called Sustain Consulting and is starting a small homestead (smallholding) inOregon with her husband and daughter. She has raised organic pastured livestock and poultry and she is on the board of the Sustainable Food Trade Association in the US, as well as the Columbia Gorge Earth Center and writes for blogs such as Cooking Up a Story and her own blog Honest Meat . Her other recent pursuits include training oxen, holistic financial planning, and learning how to make fermented foods. Farms with a Future is her first book.
- Author(s)Rebecca Thistlethwaite
- PublisherChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea Green Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, index, bibliography
- Weight649 g
- Width178 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.84Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $22.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.