All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStill the only English-language guide to the Faroe Islands, covering everything from succulent fish suppers to remote hideaways, the Bradt guide is the definitive source of information for visitors wishing to discover the 18 islands of this North Atlantic archipelago. Covering hands-on information about where to stay and eat, how to get around - be it by mailboat, helicopter or hire car - and what to see and do, this new fourth edition has been thoroughly updated and includes details of the amazing birdlife, where to walk some of Europe's least-kwn hiking trails, and how to make the most of village life among the turf-roofed houses. Also included are details of how to reach even the remotest corners by bus using a travelcard, the latest information on falling seabird numbers in the North Atlantic, and details of where to go sea angling, rapelling and horse riding. Suggestions for using the island of Suduroy are detailed, plus updated reviews of all accommodation, eating and drinking options. Fourteen clear and easy-to-use maps are also featured.
- Author BiographyJames Proctor first travelled to the Faroe Islands in 1992 and has been back and forth over the past 20-odd years ever since. Specialising in the Nordic countries, he has written a total of six guidebooks, including one to neighbouring Iceland, and has worked on many more. He has appeared on Faroese television and radio and is known in the islands as the author of the Bradt guide - the only English-language guide to the islands. James speaks several Scandinavian languages and is currently learning Faroese to add to his portfolio.
- Author(s)James Proctor
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.82
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $21.83Trending at AU $22.42
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $38.85
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.