All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $17.66Free postage
- AU $24.27Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionWould you rather be a person of significance or a person of prominence? Think carefully! The answer to that question will shape your entire future. Pastor, teacher, and beloved author Charles Swindoll says, Somehow life has taught us poorly. We're trained to think that the most significant people are star athletes, actors, and musicians--the ones we applaud, those whose autographs we seek, those who have worldly rewn. They aren't. Not really. Most often, the people really worth ting are those who turn a 'body' into a 'somebody' but never receive credit. What is forgotten far too often is this: Success in God's kingdom and in the church depends upon faithful people the public rarely kws. The Old Testament contains numerous fascinating stories of forgotten lives--unsung heroes whose actions, sacrifices, or battles failed to ascribe them worldly rewn. These great lives, however, reveal significant people whom God hors in the pages of His Word and, therefore, deserve our serious attention and emulation.
- Adi took out eight hundred armed, skilled fighting men with his sword.
- Eleazar attacked the Philistines by himself for so long that his comrades had to pry his sword out of his grip.
- Shammah, while his companions ran like scared cats from their enemies, stood his ground--alone--and was victorious.
- Author BiographyCharles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the clear, practical teaching and application of God's Word. He currently pastors Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, and serves as the chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary. His renowned Insight for Living radio program airs around the world. Chuck and Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children and ten grandchildren.
- Author(s)Charles R. Swindoll,Dr Charles R Swindoll
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleGreat Lives
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.